Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 - Year Of His RESToration

What could be more appropriate than naming the first post of 2015 with the church theme - the year of His RESToration? =)



Animation of the theme as shown during service:-





Just wanted to share a summary of the sermon from today (Vision Sunday)





Whatever the devil has taken from us, He will restores. And when He restores, the restoration would always be in greater quantity/quality or both. This is shown in Exodus 22:1

“If a man steals an ox or a sheep, and slaughters it or sells it, he shall restore five oxen for an ox and four sheep for a sheep.

and Leviticus 6:4-6

4 Then if he has sinned and is guilty, he shall restore what he took by robbery, or what he secured by oppression or extortion, or what was delivered him to keep in trust, or the lost thing which he found,
5 Or anything about which he has sworn falsely; he shall not only restore it in full, but shall add to it one fifth more and give it to him to whom it belongs on the day of his trespass or guilt offering.
6 And he shall bring to the priest his trespass or guilt offering to the Lord, a ram without blemish out of the flock, valued by you to the amount of his trespass;

This verse points to what the people should do under the old covenant when they have wronged someone. However, under the new covenant, it is Jesus that restores to us whatever the devil has taken, which is 120% (100% + 20% - one fifth). In other words, the greater the loss, the greater the restoration!

Even the years that you have lost (your own fault/years that you have sinned/wasted away etc), He could restore as shown in Joel 2:25

“So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, The crawling locust, The consuming locust, And the chewing locust, My great army which I sent among you. (Joel 2:25 NKJV)

One example which pastor have shown and which was not preached before is an incident happened within his own family whereby he actually did lost his second child before (I think I was kind of shocked when I heard that). However, the restoration was indeed there as the Lord bless him with Justin! Indeed, it is a message of hope whereby we should not be discouraged when something is lost as the restoration is indeed greater, which he could also see in Justin.

It reminded me about a verse (Genesis 50:20)

As for you, you thought evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring about that many people should be kept alive, as they are this day.

What the enemy meant for evil, God will turn it for our good and many will be saved as they see us going through the fire and coming out stronger and more prosperous and blessed on the other side.

Another animation video:- (to show REST)


 

Our fight is a fight of faith (not feeling), we fight FROM victory and not for victory. All we need to do is to rest in the cross, His finished work which was often taught here in New Creation. However, it's interesting to see how it all linked up, as shown in Psalm 23:1-3

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 
He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still (rest) waters. 
He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. (Psalms 23:1-3 NKJV)

As you can see, 'He restores my soul' is sandwiched between the words 'He leads me'. The first thing He made us do is to lie down in green pastures (green pastures represents food here). In other words, before He restores our soul, He wants us restful, resting in the things He has already done.

After that, He leads us in the paths of righteousness. Many a times, we do not have the strength to walk in the path of righteousness cause we are striving to achieve righteousness on our own strength, and there is no soul restoration as we do not REST.

The greatest activity that we can do is to be still (not inactive rest as it could be easily misunderstood as such), and let God take over, as shown in Ruth 3: 18

Then she said, “Sit still, my daughter, until you know how the matter will turn out; for the man will not rest until he has concluded the matter this day.” (Ruth 3:18 NKJV)

This is where the famous saying, "When you rest, God works! When you work, God rest!" comes from. Indeed, a truth where many are struggling with as it is often hard for us to 'rest' when there are so many 'demands' demanded of us and whereby we often wants to take matters in our own hand.

It is also one area whereby I am still learning from. Although there might be demands in the workplace, I could choose to do it with a restful spirit (instead of a disoriented, negative and troubled spirit).

Truly a message in season - resting in Him for our restoration.

*********************************************************************

And yes, my birthday is just over.

Thanks to Michelle and Daniel for treating me to a sumptuous dinner on Friday (I actually feel quite guilty as the bill is around $90) and being with me shopping for formal shirts ($58 for 2 quality shirts - something that is way cheaper than expected!)

Thanks to my CG who celebrated with me on New Year as well. =)



And lastly, thanks to a friend whom I just met, who gave me some really really awesome presents (I have not received a present and certainly have not expected this!)


Finding Your Life Partner series. Initially was shocked when I saw that but truly grateful for the gift, and it resonates well with one of my prayer requests/ vision that I wanted to see in my life for 2015! =)


A dvd series from the Zone - God's favor will cause you to reign in life! 


A bible! In fact, I am embarrassed to say that this is the only hardcopy of the bible that I have.


Encouraging messages =)

Never expected so many presents especially when she have not met me even once before. I mean I am already happy with wishes, and this certainly is what I would never expect. Truly grateful and thankful for her generous spirit, one which I ought to practice as well. =)

Time to end the first post of the year. Not sure when I would post again, but probably when I am free. =)





No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin